- How it works
- Applications overview
- Bioprocess development
- Molecular biology
At a glance:
- 22 factors explored in one experiment
- 15x cheaper than using commercial media
- 9 months of research completed in weeks.
Cost, Feasibility, and Reproducibility
To accomplish their ambitious mission, they were looking for a solution that would enable their scientists to explore vast design spaces without the need to write code.
Their core challenges included:
- Astronomical costs associated with commercial media
- Feasibility of the necessary factor screening
- Reproducibility of experimental processes for iterative development
While being a relatively small team, these challenges represented a fundamental obstacle Uncommon needed to overcome in pursuit of its goals.
DOE for Media Optimization on Synthace
Uncommon ultimately selected Synthace as their core experimental solution as it aligned with their vision of being able to explore large design spaces, create repeatable workflows, and automate the execution of their experiments.
Reducing costs “by an order of magnitude.”
"In just a few months Synthace saved me from performing 20,000 manual calculations—it’s all done for me."
Stem Cell Scientist III, Uncommon